Monday, October 27, 2008

Hello!

I haven't posted in so long...school has just been killing me lately. I thought at first that taking so many classes was a bad decision, but I think I am adjusting to it and starting to enjoy them more.

Cross country is probably the only thing that's keeping me going so far. I've actually been having a really good season, considering this is my first. I got second place at our regionals meet on Saturday, and the girls team got first place with a perfect score of 15 (winning the first five places)! Granted there wasn't much competition, but it was still exciting. That means we're going to sectionals this weekend, which should be a little more challenging, but I'm looking forward to it.

I don't know what I'm going to do over the winter in terms of staying in shape. It was frigid outside during practice today, and at one point it actually started snowing. I can't stand the cold! I can't imagine how I'm going to manage to keep running through the winter - and I generally abhor treadmills. Well I managed last year, somehow, so I guess I will just end up toughing it out. But it's going to be hard, that's for sure.

I've finally started practicing piano regularly, now that I'm getting more into the flow of school. Still, I find myself shirking all other activities, besides running and piano, in order to do my homework and study. That is, any prospects of a social life appear dim. The sad thing is, despite all the time I spend on work, I feel like I barely get by on the skin of my teeth! I kind of want to do some other extracurricular activities though, like community service or some club or whatnot at school, just to break the monotony.

I better get back to that homework...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by the blog! its good to know there are people out there reading it!

you should get yours going again!