Saturday, September 6, 2008

Running, Etc.

Yesterday I went to cross country practice and ran with the guys for our run, which was a little over 5 miles. I was super hungry from the outset, since I didn't really have breakfast - our practices are at 9:15 which I consider too early to eat a proper breakfast, yet late enough for me to be starving. So I was pretty tired at the beginning of the run, but by the end my legs were pretty sore. I think it was good to pick up the pace though, since I don't think I push myself hard enough when I run alone. I did 8 miles this morning, and the lakefront was super crowded! There was also a 5k Fun Run going on, and it was all I could do to contain myself from diving into the tents and stealing shirts, food, and water. Oh well, they're fun to see anyway. I also ran into Julia running with her dad, and a coach from school as well. It was pretty cool.

Yesterday afternoon I also biked downtown and got a new watch, a pair of shoes, and some jeans. Shopping has become so arduous, and the fact that I did it alone only proves how solitary I've become! I always feel bad when I'm actually shopping for stuff I need and other people are there though, because it seems like they get pretty bored.

I also biked to soccer practice today, which was pretty much a joke as usual. It's a bit sad when I enjoy the bike ride to practice more than practice itself. We did get these awesome Puma uniforms though, and we have a game tomorrow, so hopefully that will go well.

I really miss good food...we haven't gone out to eat in ages, and the food in my house is not always the most appetizing. I would definitely cook if I could, but whenever I find cool recipes that I want to try, I realize that we don't have half the ingredients they require. Maybe I should just go out and buy a ton, and cook up a storm one day...on another thought, I've taken quite a liking to figs lately.

2 comments:

Lida said...

you did 8 miles AND soccer practice? WHAT?
as for the working out before meets, this was the only time, and it was pretty much a joke, since the other team only had 8 people or something.
i hear you about the shopping. I hate shopping unless it's in china, and while it's fun to go with people, i always feel bad keeping them waiting when i actually need to buy stuff, as opposed to just browsing.
9:15 isn't too early to eat a proper breakfast!!
as for the food-- let's either cook together or eat something delicious. you should join zesty chefs!

femmefatale91 said...

OMG 8 Miles are you on fucking crack? you runners! anyway dude Hang out wit lida and u guys can run ur little hearts out ! haha FIGS i totaly saw figs in the grocery store but they were dried,